Monday, February 20, 2012

2/20/12 – Monday (Blog #51)


I should’ve done a count yesterday, but oh well. Right now, on my word document, I’ve written over 25,700 words, and I’ve got about 42 pages. The size of it is about 87 kbs. It’s not that big, but for a text document, that seems huge to me. I just noticed because I tried to scroll down on the document, and it took longer than I thought it would.

Anyways, my day was pretty easy and simple. I did nothing besides play games and sleep. Also, I got into something called a penny auction, and I’ve spent a majority of the day on very awesome bids. I didn’t win anything, sadly, but I got the hang of it. Each bid costs $0.60, and it raises the price of an item by $0.01. After the timer reaches near 0, each bid will reset the timer to 10 seconds, and it goes on and on for hours. There are iPads, tablets, TVs, and everything. It’s really awesome.

Also, I played Uncharted 3 for the PS3 today. The graphics were unbelievable. I totally forgot all about how awesome the PS3 is, with its 50gb blu-ray discs and awesome graphics. I played it for about an hour or two, and I’m totally addicted. I’m probably going to play some more tomorrow.

Sadly, I have to do homework after this, but I finished a bit of it earlier today. I have to read a book called The Strangers by Albert Camus. Maybe one of you guys has read it before. Apparently it’s about existentialism, and I think that it describes me very well.

Existentialism splits up into two thoughts. One is that life is meaningless, and there is null meaning in life. The other is that there is no heavenly being of the sorts, and one must depend on oneself in order to make things happen. I totally believe in this sort of belief. Praying to God is really pointless in my opinion, since you have to do things yourself in order for things to happen and change. Life has no true meaning, and when people finally stop worrying about the meaning, they’ll be able to enjoy it more.

It’s short, but that’s it for today, folks. I have to do homework, and I don’t really feel like spending a whole hour ranting about my beliefs. Perhaps I’ll write about it tomorrow. Oh, and in regards to M, I finally found out the guy that she’s fallen totally head over heels for, and I have to say, I’m totally disappointed. He’s your typical punk and bad kid that all the girls fall for. Sucks to be me, but I suppose that she’ll be happy with him, at least for a bit. I’ll post my update tomorrow as usual.

-Omni

18 comments:

  1. Can't wait to try UC3, looks quite amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was sure it was nihilists that believed life was pointless, not existentialists.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, I just got done with a blog post for a game I thought the graphics were incredible in. Haven't played Uncharted 3 though. I'll have to do that sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting post!
    Great blog.
    +Follow

    ReplyDelete
  5. Playing games and sleep, can't be beat

    ReplyDelete
  6. Last two sentences of the second to last paragraph is so true! I totally argee!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a huge number of words. Good job on the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish I could sleep more.

    ReplyDelete
  9. what is penny auction
    like your positive thought she will be happy with him.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I remember reading The Stranger. Some very interesting ideas, especially the beach scene. Guy goes (in his way) crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I miss sleep...keep up the posts, I like the consistency of your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  12. i've seen those penny auction sites. I'm a little hesitant with the "each bid is $0.60 and increases the clock by 10 seconds" bit

    ReplyDelete
  13. I know what you're saying on how much stuff you can write without realizing, haven't played uncharted 3 yet, have yet to finish 2 becuase I've been busy w/ other things, and I have read the book, not half bad

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those penny auction sounds rather fun.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sweet Uncharted 3. It's a really awesome game.

    ReplyDelete
  16. 1 cent bids costing 60 cents? What a scam.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Can't wait to borrow some friends PS3 and play Uncharted 3

    ReplyDelete